Sunday, 9 September 2012

my chair


Can I show you my chair? It's the photo I forgot to include in my last post. This is the chair in my craft room. It's a carver chair which originally belonged to my Grandma, I called her Nana! This small hexagon blanket was inspired by Lucy at attic24, and there's is a great tutorial for it here. Lucy's blog was one of the first blogs I ever found. I really wanted to learn how to crochet and although I had brought a book on it, I still couldn't quite work it out. In my quest to find out I googled it, and the rest as they say is history! I had grand visions of this blanket covering a whole double bed, and I think it would have been truly magnificent. In the end so many projects were begun that I decided to call it a day and make it a finished project. So A border was added and it is now a baby blanket size. Now I don't have a baby and not being quite able to part with it, it's making my chair look pretty! and I love it.....

8 comments:

  1. Your little blanket is just beautiful and I love the chair ... I have a chair fetish ... I do a recreational upholstery class in my spare time ... spare time, that's a laugh :) ... and as a result, can often be found staring longingly at chairs of all shapes and sizes ... a bit weird, I know ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blanket, crochet still eludes me, and what a great heirloom chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful blanket, looks very cosy and inviting. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is fantastic! I love it! You are so clever to do this, one day, when I'm brave enough I will show you my first attempt at a granny square! Very funny! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this blanket....I just love it!!! Brava!!!
    xxxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty blanket and Lucy is a great inspiration for big projects! Love your chair and again, wishing for a craft room like yours *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time visitor to your blog and what a delight! Love the blanket. Such beautiful colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous chair blanket, Heather. Love your colours. Know what you mean about the timing of a project, sometimes you just have to finish right then and there, because then you can work on something else!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comments, it's great to hear from you!

Everyone should carefully observe which way his heart draws him, and then choose that way with all his strength.
Hasidic saying