5.1.13

gathering my thoughts for 2013

I have needed some time to gather my thoughts and choose a word to accompany me through this new year, and some time to reflect on life at the little red suitcase household.

Sometimes I think we are heading in the right direction and at other times it's very clear that in some areas we are not.

But saying that, even though things can be difficult I think we do know what we need to do and in most cases it's really now a case of picking up all the different threads and beginning again, with the new year.


My word for this year is 'CLEAR'.

Clear can be many things, a clear mind, a clear home, simplifying. Clear goals, a clear direction and it can also be clear boundaries.

I have to admit that there has been a complete over-load this holiday of screens and technology, which has left me feeling a little jarred. So I have begun my new year by clearing down all my old emails and texts and switching things off a bit more, to give my jangly brain a rest now and then!


I realize that there are four main areas in my life that I am working on, and for me they are :-

family/friends
craft/business
self-care/exercise
clearing/simplifying

All of these are important for my piece of mind, I can't simply run off in only one direction, although it's tempting sometimes! so I would like things to be clear and simple.


I may set a few simple goals for each month to keep me moving! and in the name of self-motivation I may let you know!

Lastly, some boundaries, to be clear, for myself, here.

I need to go at my own pace,
I need to come from a place that is my own,
to share when it is appropriate for me to do so.
I need to act from my own motivation, from that place deep inside of yes I can do that.
or no, not now thank you.
Anything else, isn't me,
and my heart won't be with it.
I need to be able to dance to my own tune!

I'm sure you can understand that. 

I wish you all good things for 2013! 



27 comments:

  1. There are many of us that are doing this re-equaluating for 2013. My daughter is even going very radical at handling her days and time completely different. She hopes to write a book about it in 2014. I am clearing out my home, and my heart to make room for God and those things that I know are important~ ♥♥♥ God bless you this year 2013~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Any of your friends will understand your boundaries, we all have them! Also loved the dog walkers tree, the fact that you are "going gray naturally" (me too, trying too anyway)... I will check out some more of your posts as I have time... I found you on Tammy's blog and was intrigued by your blog title! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely thoughts.. Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Heather and so nice to start the year with a clear head ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your plans Heather. I wish I could clarify the mess in my head in that way sometimes so I may borrow some of your ideas to sort life.

    Lisa X

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful words..and indeed clear, is good to think over. It makes your head clean.. And what also helps me organize is writing diary en notebooks on paper. Have a great year and I will let your yarn's see my mother. She would love it,
    Greet Martine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like clarity is essential....I know I will be needing a lot this year.
    lovely words, best wishes.
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's so important to have clear, in your head, in your home too! I think 2013 will be a good year for you, starting with such positivity! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clearly CLEAR is the word for me too this year..2013... Clear means clean, clean means more space in the mind and the physical space of our homes - which is very good for us crafters i feel..

    Wishing you many right directions this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog via Just a little less which I have been following for a while. Trying to find my own word for the year and clarity was one I considered. In the end I've gone for Space as this is what I want to create in my cluttered house and mind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather,
    "Clear"... Thank you, you have made me think to myself that clarity really is the key to peace, if we are clear in our minds and our hearts, then what else is there? It's also important to keep clear our homes, declutter and the like... Seriously, Thank you for this.
    Tammy
    xx
    PS... I really love those paper tags that you have sewn on. They are brilliant! They would make perfect book marks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clear is such a great word to start the year with. You can only be true to yourself. It sound like you've done lots of thinking and have a "clear" head for the coming year - I wish you lots of luck.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reading this has helped me realise what I need...a bit of space to get some clarity about a few things in my life. Thank you! (And for your comment at mine) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clear seems a very good word indeed for the forthcoming year - I need to clear the decks that is for certain. I love your Christmas tree by the way (sorry that is a little late in the day!)
    Best wishes for 2013
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clear--what a great word!

    And set whatever boundaries you need to. As long as you're true to yourself, you'll find your readers to be the a very loving, understanding bunch. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so appreciate your word choice:). Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes..."CLEAR" is a great word that you picked! We all need to focus on what is right for us..my phrase for the new year is "DO not go fast"
    Rushing here and there does not agree with me.
    Hope you are off to a good start my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely word to follow in 2013 - Happy New Year.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dancing to your own tune sounds perfect to start with!
    'Happy New Year' to you and yours. Lets hope it is a kind one for us all.
    Sending kind thoughts, Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such heartfelt words, Heather. I wish you a wonderful *clear* year to achieve and do and dance and play just as you want.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfectly written, I might have to pinch your list, it's brilliant :) lots of luck and stay true xxxxx

    ReplyDelete



  22. And I wish you all good things for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello, I am visiting from the Country Rabbit, which I have only just discovered. Your posts are as charming as your countryside. I'm so happy to have found you! Elizabeth, Creative Breathing

    ReplyDelete
  24. Clear is such a good word to inspire you throughout the year, I really admire how you have managed to come up with your priorities, I might have to take a leaf out of your book and do the same. By the way, I am sure you have probably had this before, but I have nominated you for the Liebster award thingy, the questions are over on my blog if you'd like to take part. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. There is so much in this post that resonates with me. I've been feeling very 'foggy' lately ... clear would be good!

    May your 2013 bring you all that you wish for Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  26. A special mention for my dear friend Heather at:

    http://diapermum.blogspot.hk/2013/01/events-awards-and-some-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Heather
    You CLEARLY know where you're going and what you want!!!! Remember, change for no one and believe in yourself but hey, no need for me to tell you that as CLEARLY you already know all of that!!! And CLEARLY, I have found a friend with the same CLEAR goals for this new year!!

    Regards
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete